The main thing to remember with a Red Kuri squash, is that you can eat the skin! This is a big reason why it is the most popular squash I grow. That and the fact that it is mega tasty. Here is an easy recipe for roasted squash slices that uses some nice herbs and garlic. You can also pre-roast squash like this when you want to make a roasted squash soup! Absolutely delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Open the kuri squash and remove all the seeds.
- Cut the squash into one inch slices and spread them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle generously with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, 1 tsp. rosemary and 1/2 tsp. thyme, 5 cloves of garlic and mix well.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft. Turn on the broiler for the last 10 minutes to brown the edges a bit more. You can flip half way.