From Pulse Canada on Facebook
- 1 1/2 cups tubetti pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups reduced sodium chicken or veggie broth
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 can diced tomatoes 19 fl oz
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained, 19 fl oz
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained, 19 fl oz
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, 19 fl oz
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Cook until al dente, drain and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan on high, heat oil. Add garlic and saute until golden.
- Lower heat to medium adding carrots, celery and onion. Cook until soft, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add herbs and raise heat to high. Add beans, chickpeas, tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, skimming foam from top.
- Season well with pepper and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and enjoy!